The mission of Peninsula Food Runners is to alleviate hunger and minimize food waste on the Peninsula and in the Silicon Valley area. Everyday, Peninsula Food Runners relays a wide variety of wonderfully prepared and non-prepared food to community food support organizations in both San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
Many thanks to BKW Partners and Office Wiederholt for pro bono video production.
We believe that in accomplishing our mission we bring positive benefits in other areas as well.
- Supplying additional help with delivery and reducing cost with food donations to Recipients.
- Providing Donors, and Volunteers the opportunity to give back by providing food within their own communities.
- Improving access to nutritional foods by delivering donations from corporations to those in need.
- Allowing recipient families to spend more time together by providing prepared meals.
- Reducing food costs among clients with a fixed income frees up money to be spent on other needs, for example seniors don't have to choose between medicine or meals.
- Recouping some portion of the 165 billion dollars lost in our economy due to food waste. If we recover 15% of food surplus in our communities, we are able to feed 25 million people. According to Feeding America, 13% of Californians experience food insecurities. San Mateo County's rate is roughly 17%, Santa Clara County is 11%, and Alameda County is 22%.
- Reducing gases, such as methane, caused by household food waste left to decompose in the landfills. Methane is 20 times more potent than CO2.
We are always looking for new Donors, Volunteers and Recipients, so please sign up today! To make a financial donation to help Peninsula Food Runners continue to offer this service, please click button here: